Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hello Friends and neighbors, I hope all is well. I have started a new adventure in my life and I am going to keep an online journal about it, so here it goes.


Sometimes I wonder what is the best thing to have faith, hope or love? Now I know that all three are very important and without love all other things are worth nothing, but in my life I often find myself holding onto nothing but hope to get me through. Hope that God will strengthen my faith, and hope that God will pour His love into my heart through the Holy Spirit. So today I started my quest in loving on some precious elderly people. I volunteered at Life Care Center of Plano with a heart to just be with those that are most forgotten in our society. Those that are literally in this place just waiting to die. I just want to do what Jesus says to do, and to be salt and light. So I went, moved by the Spirit to go, and it was amazing. They are so sweet and loving, and genuinely touched that someone would care. I found myself feeling flooded with grace and love that I know God was the author of.

I walked around when I first got there, and went from room to room just introducing myself and asking if anyone needed prayer. I was especially touched by 2 of the women, one was Helen and the other Gladys. I walked in quietly to introduce myself to Helen, and there she was laying helpless in her bed with oxygen tubes in her nose. Her prayer requests were that she would have a better attitude while there, and that even though she didn't like the food to much, little children were starving and would love to eat what she had. It was an honor to hold her little feeble hand, and pray for her. I felt so unworthy to hold the hand of this woman, and to speak a blessing over her. When I opened my eyes she was crying, and I saw grace. "While I was yet helpless, Christ died for me."

Then I met Gladys, and again introduced myself and asked if she needed prayer. She said yes please, so I got down and held her hand and spoke a prayer of blessing over her. When we were done she said, it gives me comfort to know where I am going when this is done. I saw hope. Hope on the face of a woman that you could tell wasn't long from the grave. Hope that God was with her, and that God was holding her as His beloved.

I could tell many more stories of just my first day, but I just wanted to share some. I have so many ideas of what I would like to do in this little community of love, but please pray for me that I will listen to God, and that I will do what He bids me to do.

I will update often.

No comments: